Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Orange to Oranges

Doses of oranges and orange continued:

As I walk along the nature trails at Falcon State Park, I start to notice the smaller orange things, like flowers and butterflies:

Photo taken at Falcon SP, TX on 3/13/2007

A flax family flower (species unknown),

Photo taken at Falcon SP, TX on 3/13/2007 a globemallow flower (Mallow family, species unknown) with an orange butterfly (Sulfur family, species unknown),

Photo taken at Salineno, TX on 3/14/2007 a Golden-fronted Woodpecker with a golden hair-do (species known, after all, I am a birder),

Photo taken at Falcon SP, TX on 3/13/2007 a Red Admiral, but orange in this light (species known, sometimes I am lucky),

Photo taken at Bentsen SP, TX on 3/1/2007 a Calico Bush or Texas Lantana (species known, sometimes google helps) with small brown and white butterfly (species unknown),

Photo taken at Santa Ana NWR, TX on 3/11/2007 and another dose of orange from the Altamira Oriole eating a grapefruit (red, not orange).

I have started squeezing and drinking my second 10 lb bag of oranges. I just can't get enough doses of orange or oranges.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maria,

I'm enjoying your pictures and comments. I've sent your blog to my son and daughter-in-law who are beginning to be avid birders

Helen M

Anonymous said...

Mom,
Great blog! Read all the entries thus far and all about the Jaeger. Did you know that Jaeger means "hunter" in German. I wonder if that has any significance for this bird.
NEB